Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Still Here!

I've been missing my schedule lately because life has picked up speed. I am working on a special project and unfortunately, it's not my book. But I do hope to share more in the next few months. Meanwhile, I was able to purchase a brand new MacBook Pro notebook after saving for it for months. It's an early 2008 model, but still gorgeous in my eyes! I'm looking forward to creating some videos with it. It has a built-in camera and microphone, so it will be interesting to experiment with all the possibilities. I do prefer working with iMovie and GarageBand for video and audio projects.

I'm also going to be trying something new with my digital scrapbooking classes. I reserved a hotel conference room locally to host a Saturday half-day workshop. I still have no idea if this is going to be a boom or a bust, though! The adult-learning center I usually teach at has put my regular class "on hiatus" for the Fall session but I still wanted to teach. However, I'd like to reach "College and Career" age women (between 20-35 years old) and the adult-learning center admitted their core students are more middle-aged. I think it's a marketing issue and I'm going to test it to see if I can possibly mix it up a bit. So, I'll be calling college newspapers around town soon to see if I could submit the event in their publication.

Yesterday, I was thinking about all the people praying for me. Have you ever thought about this? We have friends and family who of course, pray for us on occasion (if they're the praying kind). But if we're Catholic, we have our priest who is continually lifting us up in prayer. Then we have the saints who are praying for us, plus Jesus Christ and the Blessed Virgin Mary. Can you imagine how much more difficult life would be if we weren't surrounded by so much prayer?!! It's pretty amazing and I for one am deeply grateful.

So, bless you for reading. I know I've not written as much as I would have liked but I suspect things are going to increase again soon. :-)

1 comment:

Monique said...

Isn't life wonderful! :)