Monday, April 20, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Thanks to Peggy at The Simple Woman for starting the daybook. For more entries, or to join, go here.

For Today: Monday, April 20, 2009

Outside My Window... Overcast and rainy. Glad to see the rain, though. It means the Spring flowers are getting their needful drink of water!

I am thinking... about my amazing Saturday. I am still stunned that I met so many wonderful people in the Catholic church in one day. It truly was a special day.

I am thankful for... the Holy Eucharist. Also, new friends!

From the kitchen... Grilled Herbed Chicken, green beans, and the leftover homemade macaroni and cheese from last night's dinner.

I am wearing... blue jeans, a pink cotton top, black cardigan, and my white sneakers. Very casual today.

I am creating... still nothing. I'm long overdue for something. Things have just been very busy. I still haven't found a good rhythm for working on my book.

I am going... to be following up with the contacts I made on Saturday.

I am reading... Double Shot by Diane Mott Davidson, Newsflash: My Surprising Journey from Secular Anchor to Media Evangelist by Teresa Tomeo, and my new Envoy magazine issue.

I am hoping... I can start to focus on what I need to do. I see so many needs and opportunities, but only have so much time. Lord, help me!

I am hearing... St. Gabriel Radio. Just finished hearing "The Morning Sonrise Show" with Brian Patrick. Great show!

Around the house... laundry that needs to be folded and put away, Mickey's new guitar case with his new guitar, business cards of people I want to follow-up with, my Catholic Bible that still needs the book tabs applied, an eBook on how to become a full-time writer within a year. (ha!)

One of my favorite things... Attending a Christian women's event.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Being involved with a taste test tomorrow night, visiting St. Gabriel's radio station, writing an article and submitting it to our local Catholic newspaper.

Here is picture thought I am sharing. . . A lovely group of Catholic women, learning how to look to God for their self-worth.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

May you feel the Lord's blessing upon your week. I've enjoyed reading your daybook this morning.

Happy Monday!
~Mrs.Cuddles

Unknown said...

I love Diane Mott Davidson's books- haven't seen anything new from her in awhile- which is probably a good thing for me because I like to experiment with her recipes.

Clare said...

I remembered! Or rather, you reminded me. :) I knew there was something I wanted to try cooking... it was homemade macaroni and cheese.