Monday, January 12, 2009

Yes, Been Busy Doing the Uke Thing!

I haven't been writing as much lately because I've been helping my husband with the marketing of his new online magazine, Ukulele Player Magazine. I'm almost a "uke widow." My darling man spends most of his time either 1) strumming one of his ukes from his ever-growing collection 2) visiting one of the many ukulele message boards or websites or 3) writing and interviewing people for the magazine.

He does come up for air for dinner and the occasional shower, and of course, sleeps. But it's been All Uke, All The Time for the past few months! I don't mind, truly. I am very proud of him for taking a dream and making it into reality. He created opportunity by seizing an opportunity because the ukulele (unbeknownst to me at first) is a very hot instrument. It's trending upward, which means if Mickey hadn't started this magazine, someone else would have. The opportunity was wide open for someone to take and Mickey was at the right place, at the right time, and with the right skills to make it happen. Yes, I'm proud. :-)

If you're interested in learning more about the ukulele and the colorful variety of people enjoying this very happy little instrument, you can check out our latest issue. In it are product reviews, interviews (A father/daughter act is featured that is really cute!), a retail store spotlight, and of course a listing of ukulele clubs that are across the nation. I imagine the club list will grow pretty quickly. We're finding out about new ones constantly.

So, it's a free PDF. Enjoy or pass along to a uke-lovin' friend!

Ukulele Player Magazine

No comments: