Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year! And a Note of Thanks

Wow, can you believe 2008 is about ready to close out? Neither can I! What a year it has been!

I wanted to take the opportunity to thank God for all of you. I am deeply touched that people read my blog and comment. I am blessed by my new online Catholic friends that I know would be even more fun to be around "in real life." I am astonished by all of the wonderful Catholic resources that are available online - the eBooks, message boards, news sites, etc., and have been so grateful to God for His continued education of my soul. It just is amazing to me that I can feel the warmth and love of the online Catholic community, even as I type alone in a room. It's as though the words are gentle butterflies, lightly landing upon my shoulder to let me know that I am not alone and there are so many others on the same path. Praise be to God for each one of you! I pray that the Lord Jesus Christ will make Himself known to you in new ways in 2009 and your faith will grow even stronger!

Later today, I think I'm going to write my "Faith Story." I'm not sure really, what to call it. It's sort of like a "conversion-leaving-realizing-disillusionment-desert time-reclaimer" story. Ha! Does that sound confusing enough?

Well, I simply wanted to wish you all the very best 2009. Despite the gloomy economical forecasts, I am feeling a very strong anticipation for the spiritual forecast of 2009. Hold onto your hats, folks. I think we're going to see some major, glorious spiritual events in the new year!

Much love to you all. ~ Mary Rose <3

2 comments:

ReturningBeliever said...

Merry Christmas to you as well. I want to thank you for your blog entries as they have make me want to be less shallow and superficial in my faith. Even being away from the Church for many years I never doubted or questioned my faith or what the Church teaches. My dissent was with unfortunate experiences with the clergy and I was so foolish to let it keep me from what I loved. Regardless, as I return to the Church I realize that the "Why" is as important as the what and how. Reading blogs and reflections such as yours will be surely helping me on my ourney. Thank you again.

Adrienne said...

Happy New Year, Mary Rose. There's something for you at my blog ;-)