Sunday, October 19, 2008

More Thoughts on Atheism

It's interesting that I've met a small group of atheists online at this point in my life. Because I've been going back and forth with a few of them for a little over a week, now, it has caused me to look more deeply at my own faith. I like to do this frequently because I do like to define the reasons for my belief.

St. Paul in his instructive letters to Timothy said to "preach the word, be urgent in season and out of season, convince, rebuke, and exhort, be unfailing in patience and in teaching." (2 Tim. 4:2) The atheists are searching, whether they want to admit it or not. They are searching for a reason to believe. Many try to defend their position by saying logically or rationally, faith is meaningless. Because it can't be "proved" on their terms, they think it's non-existent. However, praise be to God that He can break through such gobble-de-gook! Only by His grace can we see the truth. It encourages my heart greatly when I hear stories of how atheists finally abandoned their empty rhetoric and embraced Jesus Christ. The angels in heaven rejoice!

I believe we're going to see a rise in atheism if Sen. Obama is elected as President. The whole belief in Self is going to reach a new level. I pray that all of us who believe in Jesus Christ keep our eyes on the prize and never weary of telling others the truth. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life! The saints of old worshiped Him and pressed on to become like Him. Jesus said that the world would know His followers by the love they have for one another.

May God's light illuminate a path for those still in darkness.

No comments: